Saturday, January 10, 2009

Away in a Manger

It's finally over. The Christmas rush was crazy again this year. All I remember is the stress of getting just the right gift. I worried over the decorations in my house and if they looked just right. I hoped I sent Christmas cards to all the people on my list.

We really have lost the 'reason for the season'. It sounds hokey, but when you get right down to it, the religious aspect is just a tiny part of the whole Christmas experience.

Every year we try to remember to light the Advent Candle every Sunday. It's usually the kids who remember. We say the prayers and I try to remember what it's all about.

This year on Christmas Eve the kids put out the milk and cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer. When they were sure all was set, they went to bed. Later on I went back downstairs to check on things. The table was all set for the nocturnal visitors. As I was turning off the lights, I noticed a sheet of paper right next to our teddy bear Nativity Scene. I approached it to see what it was all about. On it, there was a picture of the baby in the manger with stars all around drawn by my 8 year old daughter. Written on the paper were the words 'Happy Birthday Jesus'.

I think she gets it.

1 comment:

Baby Lisa said...

Please don't write about that again