Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Where Has My Little Dog Gone?

I'm pretty new at this blogging thing. I've noticed that I get long-winded (or long-typing) on every blog. I have to learn that it doesn't have to be so long. I'm going to try right now.

We have two dogs. We originally had one that I'll refer to as 'white dog'. He's been with us for 4 1/2 years. It was after my dad died that I felt I needed a sympathy dog. There is a long story associated with this that I might go into at a later time. Anyway, white dog is the best dog in the world. He's friendly to everyone and is especially gentle with children.

This year I experienced a bit of temporary insanity. I had fallen in love with my friend's little brown dog and asked my husband if I could have one. In another bit of temporary insanity he said yes. Little brown dog is sweet too except that he is difficult to housebreak. He's also very curious.

I bring my dogs to work with me everyday. Today, however, white dog is at my mom's house since he has a grooming appointment tomorrow. Little brown dog is walking in circles (yes; since he has to pee), but also because he's lost without white dog. My mom told me this morning that white dog is the same way.

I'm feeling so bad for them. If hubby was here, he'd give me a funny look and remind me that they are just dogs.

I don't know. I feel that an apology and a treat are in order.

2 comments:

Yankee T said...

We have three dogs and if one goes to the vet or the park without the other two, they sit at the door and whine.

Baby Lisa said...

Three dogs???? I thought two were a handful. The two of them together only weigh 18 pounds. It's amazaing how they miss each other so!